The 12 questions to... series is our novelty for this season. We want fans to get to know our basketball players from a slightly different angle. This time, the top league ENEA AZS II Gorzow player, Aleksandra Kuczyńska, reveals her favorite dish and her dream vacation spot.
1) How did your basketball adventure start?
I was training athletics in Tarnów when my coach convinced my sister and me to play basketball. First, we practiced both sports, then we had to choose and that is how our adventure started. I don’t regret my decision.
2) What is the most beautiful part of this sport?
The most beautiful parts are the emotions we experience at every game, the way we grow as people through basketball and the fact that we are a part of the team. It is great that we can meet so many new people and visit other countries.
3) How do you prepare for a game? Do you have any rituals?
I have no rituals. I focus on the game.
4) If it weren’t for basketball, you would... ?
... do another sport, for sure. It could be athletics. When I was a kid I wanted to be a vet.
5) What’s your favorite movie/TV series?
My favorite movie is Love, Rosie, and Prison Break.
6) What kind of music do you listen to?
I don’t have a favorite kind of music. When I like a song, I listen to it. It mostly depends on my mood.
7) What’s your dream place to spend a vacation?
Africa, where I could see wild animals and meet local people.
8) What’s your hobby? How do you spend your leisure time?
I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, and I sometimes read books. I also like to cook when I have time for it.
9) What’s your favorite dish?
Definitely cannelloni made by my mom.
10) What are your dreams and plans for the future?
My biggest dream is to be a professional basketball player and to live a happy life. Another one is to try horseback riding.
11) Who is your sporting idol or a role model?
I don’t have one.
12) What's your motto?
“If there is a will, there is a way" and "Smile, because life is beautiful".